What we do
Improve the quality of life of its consumers by providing universal access to potable water, sanitation facilities and a sustainable environment at par with international service standards
Provision of water and sanitation services at sustainable levels to our customers to meet their needs and expectation within the jurisdiction boundaries of the company.
Un-interrupted clean drinking water supply to consumers. The net of water rate collection will be increased to reduce the deficit and to make WSSP sustainable.
Efficient solid waste management system i.e improving collection up to 85%. Effective sewerage and drainage system along with rehabilitation of waste water treatment plant.
The municipal infrastructure of Peshawar city has suffered several setbacks over the years, including a lack of funding and focus on sustainability. With the current population of Peshawar and the push pull factor of refugees, the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (GoKP) has sought to address the dearth of water and sanitation services in the city by directing resources towards the Water & Sanitation Services Peshawar (WSSP). With technical assistance provided by the World Bank’s Water and Sanitation Programme (WSP), and three years of meetings and consultations, GoKP, with approval from the Chief Minister, established an independent and accountable entity to provide water and sanitation services for the city of Peshawar
- GIS based Revenue Enhancement Customer Survey has been started in Zone A and C of WSSP Peshawar.
- IT based WATSATHON (Hackathon) for getting the technology driven innovative ideas in the field of Water and Sanitation.
- Community based Mobilization sessions in all 43 UC’s of Peshawar for the awareness of general public on the subject of WASH (Water and Sanitation, Hygiene)
- Capacity building of Board of Directors of WSSP, middle management and field staff.
- Feasibility study for the implementation of SCADA (IoT based solution for Tubewells) in all tubewells of WSSP.
- Implementation of Video Wall for Centralized eGovernance and Monitoring.
- Performance assessment of WSSP and development of business plan and Key Performance Indicators(KPIs)
- Establishment of Municipal Management Information Unit (MMIU) at WSSP for adopting the ICT based processes.
- Review and update of integrated Master Plan for Water supply, Solid Waste and Sanitation Services for Peshawar City.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is in process of procurement through USAID grant which is step toward paperless environment
- Upgradation of WSSP website for previewing the customer bill online
- Availability of drinking quality water at tap level
- Utilization of company fixed and movable assets for revenue generation
- Outsourcing of the solid waste collection activities